you said move on, where do i go?


profile

LINDA I have accepted myself into this strange world. Have you yet accepted yourself? I am obsessed with doing well in school, just another typical asian, yeh? :D ooo

misc
to be updated....

friends
the things you do
Facebook
Gmail
Atomic Affliction
Ego-Box
eXTReMe Tracker

thanks
© * étoile filante
inspiration/colours: mintyapple
icons: cablelines
reference: x / x

past
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
April 2009
July 2009
January 2010
April 2010
September 2010
title: Rudyard Kipling plus E=mc squared!
date: Monday, March 10, 2008
time:4:27:00 PM
Yo my blog reading peoples! Today I learned the true meaning of Osmosis Jones Er, I mean E=mc2. ( Sorry, I watched Osmosis Jones in science today and it's kinda stuck in my head) So you can go look it up on this website, I'm sure you'll find it very interesting. My brother always told me: " Linda, no one knows what E=mc2 means, its just something Albert Einstein made up. ( BTW, I used to call him Albert Intestine because :
1. I didn't know the difference and
2. I didn't think and intestine is what I know it is now...)
Now I'm thinking PSHHH yeah right! Although I'm pretty sure he still thinks that, I might go check later on.
So, We're reading the Jungle book in Language arts. The original jungle book, not the one in that Disney movie where he jumps dances around with a bear or something. I have never watched a the movie before so reading the book was interesting. The beginning totally didn't make sense, but its the kind of book you have to read like 5 times to actually get it. It uses allot of thees and thous because its like ancient. Its older than my grandma! It was first published in 1894. Now that's old!

For our Language arts homework, we are to search and summarize Richard Kipling's life, here. As I scrolled down and read the contents, I came across this part:
Death and legacy
Kipling kept writing until the early 1930s, but at a slower
pace and with much less success than before. He died of a hemorrhage from a
perforated duodenal ulcer on 18 January 1936, two days before George V, at
the age of 70. (His death had in fact previously been incorrectly
announced
in a magazine, to which he wrote, "I've just read that I am dead.
Don't forget to delete me from your list of subscribers.")
Rudyard Kipling's
ashes were buried in Poets' Corner, part of
the South Transept of Westminster Abbey,
where many literary people are buried or commemorated.


I clicked on the words " Incorrectly announced " and that led me to this page. I read up to this part and then got interested in Marcus Garvey because it said that his death was caused by reading his own obituary. So I click on him and scrolled down to the part about his death and started cracking up. So here's what it said ( For those of you too lazy to go to the websites and click each page) :
On June 10, 1940, Garvey died
after two strokes, putatively after reading
a mistaken, and negative, obituary of himself in the Chicago Defender.[30]
Because of travel conditions during World War II, he was
interred at Kensal Green
Cemetery
in London.
In 1964, his remains were exhumed and taken to Jamaica. On November 15, 1964, the government of Jamaica,
having proclaimed him Jamaica's first
national hero
, ceremoniously re-interred him at a shrine in National Heroes
Park
.

2 strokes man, from reading about his own death! I would definitely sue the Chicago defender. If. I. survived that is...

SO to end this ridiclousy long blog, I just want to say I fixed that underline, strike-out, bold and italics problem ( go me!) and I've also made 10 blogs appear on the main page instead of 5, so now theres more to read if you missed anything, but remember, there always the archives that you can click on for blogs wayy back. January, Febuary, March... Yep, they have the whole months worth of blogs so go there if you have troubles, or want to read more out of boredom ;). Have a great week, I'll try to blog tomorrow.


Posted by Linda @ 4:27:00 PM

Permalink?  0 Comments

/ top